From 1 January 2019, it has become mandatory to prove your language level when applying for immigration or naturalisation purposes. The Language Passport is the perfect way to get your language skills officially certified.
Bell Switzerland is an accredited examination centre for taking the fide test in French.
- Registration and payment are available online.
- A confirmation of registration to the fide test will be sent automatically to each participant.
- All cancellation requests must be sent by email to email@example.com
- All cancellations must be made in writing to the school’s administration no later than the deadline for registration. The registration fee will be reimbursed with a deduction of CHF 20.00 for administrative costs.
- In case of cancellation received after this deadline and until the day before the first date of the evaluation, the center will refund the registration fee but will retain the sum of CHF 88.00 corresponding to the late cancellation fee.
- In case of cancellation or absence on the day of the assessment, no refund will be made.
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about taking the fide exam?
Who can take the fide test?
Anyone over the age of 16.
People with a disability can also take the fide test. Special rules apply to them, which are agreed upon with the examination institution and the Secretariat fide.
It is necessary to specify the nature of the handicap during registration, a field at the end of the form is provided for this purpose.
What does the test fide cost?
The whole test costs CHF 250.–. Only the oral part costs CHF 170.–, only the written part CHF 120.–.
How long does the fide test take?
The oral part lasts 40 minutes, the written part 60 minutes.
When will I receive the results / the language passport?
You will receive the Language Passport and the test results directly by post approximately 4 weeks after the test. Bell and the fide office cannot give any information about the results over the phone.
What are the required levels for each permit requests?
Family reunification: for the issuance and
renewal of a residence permit (B)
A1 oral Family reunification: for the issuance
of a settlement permit (C)
A2 oral and A1 written For the issuance of a
settlement permit (C)
A2 oral and A1 written For the early issuance of a
settlement permit (C)
B1 oral and A1 written For naturalisation B1 oral and A2 written
Next sessions of the test fide
Registration and payment by credit card must be made through the links below.
The test is held at Bell, Chemin des Colombettes 12, 1202 Geneva.
Dates limite d'inscription / Registration deadlines
Jeudi 18 août 2022
Jeudi 25 août 2022
Jeudi 1er septembre 2022
You will receive your invitation to the test no later than 2 weeks before the date of your test. It is not possible to reserve a specific day or time for your test.
All modifications, cancellations, or other requests must be made by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to be taken into account.
Interest to take a course to prepare
Preparation course for your fide test
To get ready for the exam, you can register for one of the upcoming sessions of our intensive preparation course.
If you would like to arrange a visit or speak to our team, please contact us at (+41) 022 749 16 16.