Learning by practising English.
Our English as a Foreign Language programme is designed for young learners who don’t speak English at home, and would be starting the programme between ages 5 – 7 years.
This programme will develop core English language skills through theme-based activities and interactive learning – an effective way to learn language quickly and successfully. As they progress through key levels at Bell, your child will be continually monitored and reviewed to make sure they are in the best class for them – Starters (Pre A1) or Movers (A1 Beginners).
Young learners will also have the opportunity to prepare for and take the internationally-recognised Cambridge English exam to certify their English language achievement.
22 August - 23 December 2022
9 January - 6 April 2023
24 April - 30 June 2023
What to expect
Children attending our weekly English as a Foreign Language programme can expect to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Gain confidence and become more independent learners
- Develop their listening and speaking language skills
- Improve vocabulary, pronunciation, and understanding of grammar
- Gain essential 21st century life skills (communication, critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and cultural awareness)
- Gain an internationally-recognised qualification for English language (optional)
Learning the Bell Way
Children learn through more complex play and scenario role playing, whilst developing their writing and other communication skills. Activities on the programme include:
- Vocabulary games
- Role play
- Book making
- Songs and rhymes
- Arts and crafts activities
How to register?
Completing the registration form below is the first step in the enrolment process. The Bell team will contact you to organize your child's placement test and send you an offer of enrolment. Please be informed that the form is not contractual at this stage.